This document was adapted from the Western Pacific Regional Guidance on Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy to Help Foster Vaccine Demand document to address the Canadian context, and sections were updated.
Each section has been written to integrate with the other sections but also to be able to stand alone. The main emphasis is on the diagnosis of hesitancy and focuses on interventions that can increase vaccine uptake at the program and individual levels.
- Vaccine Hesitancy and Vaccine Demand: Definitions and Determinants (Section 1)
- Vaccine Hesitancy Globally and in Canada (Section 2)
- Strategies to Detect Vaccine Hesitancy (Section 3)
- Recognize and Diagnose Underlying Factors in Refusal or Delay in Vaccine Acceptance: The Guide to Tailoring Immunization Programmes TIP (Section 4)
- Strategies to Address Hesitancy and Help Foster Demand (Section 5)
- Addressing Vocal Vaccine Deniers in Public Forum to Strengthen Resiliency (Section 6)
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Programs Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy (Section 7)
- Strategies to support Vaccination Demand and Grow Resiliency (Section 8)